Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Journey of a thousand steps is only a single mile...

This journal is meant to serve as an overview of my path from the library to the classroom. I need a place to record changes, to monitor myself and remain self-aware of what this journey truly looks like, and how it unfolds. I need a place to be truthful, but also a place that I can review and reflect. There WILL be good days where students were reached, goals were met, and objectives taught. There WILL be bad days, where I question if I should be "inflicting" myself on these students, if I'm not only widening the gap in achievement but worsening it. But more so than both, it will serve as a place where I can reference my days, my AH-HA moments, my opportunities for growth, and learning, remembering that it IS a journey. And for better or worse, it's the one I'm committed to for the next year. It's time to test my mettle, and find out how well I can temper my inner core to turn it to flexible steel.

No comments:

Post a Comment